The 2nd New Directions conference in Latin America taking place at the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana in Bogotá, Colombia will focus on professional development in the area of English language assessment at all levels of the education system.
Call for Proposals
Theme of the Conference in 2020
Professionalising English assessment in learning systems: sharing practicalities and implications.
- Language assessment literacy
- Assessing productive skills
- Operationalising the ESP construct
For more information about the themes and subthemes, please see the New Directions 2020 section
Types of proposals
- Research presentations: 20 minutes in length plus 10 minutes for Q&A.
Research presentations can include studies involving quantitative and / or qualitative data collection and analysis methods, or on presentations describing new or innovative interpretations of theory relevant to the field.
- Works-in-progress: 15 minutes plus 5 minutes Q&A
Works in progress are particularly appropriate for emerging researchers and PhD students in the process of designing and carrying out studies. We also welcome action-research oriented projects carried out by teachers and language assessment practitioners
With a focus on the interaction between language assessment and education, the conference seeks to attract education and testing practitioners, policy makers and implementers, and other stakeholders with an interest in the impact of assessment on education. It will also appeal to language testing academics wishing to gain insight into current research in the field as well as new directions in testing in practice in Latin America.
Criteria for Submission of Proposals
Proposals should be:
- 250 words or less in length
- reflective of the main theme or at least one of the sub-themes of the conference
- relevant to the target audience
- of practical interest to members of the target audience
- relevant to the Latin American region or including a regional perspective on an international paper
- original and offering insight
- submitted in English
- submitted using the Call for Proposals
Submit your proposal here - Call for proposals
|Call for Proposals Opens||7th December 2019|
|Call for Proposals Closes Friday||14th February 2020|
|Outcomes of Proposals Announced||Friday 27th March 2020|
Find out more information about the conference here.
For any other questions, contact our team here