Teachers from all over the world can take this part-time Masters degree programme, which is studied entirely online over two and a half years, offering an affordable and convenient way to study.
Developed and delivered collaboratively by the University of Southampton and the British Council, it offers postgraduate level study in key areas of current theory and practice in Applied Linguistics and English Language Teaching, developing advanced knowledge and skills in English language curriculum, pedagogy and assessment.
“For me the chief benefit of an online degree is convenience; one can work at one's own pace, on weekends and evenings. This program fitted perfectly well for my tight lifestyle.” - Celina A. Villegas
Why choose this course?
- Online distance learning is extremely cost-effective for institutions – teachers can continue their teaching activities as they study, so there is no need to hire substitutes.
- This course makes use of the latest developments in technological design and is delivered by an experienced team of e-tutors, recruited by the British Council with the highest standards of academic quality.
- Students engage in online discussion and use interactive multimedia course materials, including lectures and podcasts, by internationally renowned staff from the University of Southampton.
- Students have access to the University library and its stock of e-books and journals online.
- Students gain the skills and knowledge they need to take on leadership roles in ELT.
- Institutions receive support and guidance from the British Council throughout the application process.
The programme structure involves two years of taught assessed modules and a final semester spent undertaking research and writing a dissertation.