We promote equal access to quality education, a critical issue in the Americas. This includes:
- ensuring education system change has a sustainable and positive impact that is also reflected in marginalised or hard-to-reach communities
- enabling teachers and teacher educators to improve their students’ learning outcomes, especially in English and Core Skills
- delivering research and innovation (from the British Council and the UK) that provides evidence of best practice in English language teaching and learning, and contributes to the development of the English Language profession worldwide
- ensuring iternationalisation and systems development delivers long term benefits for our partner countries
- enabling students and professionals to get internationally recognised UK qualifications for study, life and work
- delivering high quality English teaching that helps people to study and work and to develop careers, confidence and networks.
Find out more about our current programmes of work in this area below on our local country websites.