Ensuring everyone can access our web content
The British Council is committed to providing websites that can be accessed by all.
We strive to maintain good levels of accessibility on our websites through the following techniques:
- building the site using standards-compliant HTML and CSS.
- ensuring that all of our webpage content is structured in a logical manner using informative headings and labels where relevant.
- providing consistent navigation across our sites
- ensuring all of our content managers are fully trained in producing accessible content (for example, providing appropriate alternative texts and descriptive links, and not having any instructions that rely on visual elements), and rigorously checking all content after it has been created.
- allowing users to be in control of moving content.
If you have any problems using our website, or wish to comment on the accessibility, please contact us.