New Directions is a conference for English Language Assessment specialists.
- Sharing approaches and solutions to language assessment challenges in the region and internationally
- Providing a unique platform to open the communication circle between language assessment academics, policy makers and practitioners
- Connecting local, national, regional and global agendas in language assessment
- Providing a global network for policy makers and practitioners working in the field of English Language Assessment
- Supporting evidence-led decisions deriving from research.
- Supporting global thought leadership in assessment.
New Directions is a space where policy makers, educational professionals and academics can interact, exchange information, and keep abreast of leading developments in the field of English language teaching, learning, and assessment.
For the first time, New Directions took place in Latin America in 2019 with the centrepiece being British Council New Directions in English Language Assessment conference, 21, 22 and 23 March, Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City. Next year's conference will take place in Bogotá, Colombia.