What is Aptis?
Aptis is an innovative global English assessment tool that tests reading, writing, listening and speaking skills. Flexible, reliable and user-friendly, it is the smarter way to evaluate English skill levels in your organisation or institution. You can use Aptis:
- as part of your English development and training programmes, whether you provide face-to-face training, blended or e-learning
- as a pre and post assessment tool, letting you see how much a candidate’s skills have improved with a ‘before’ and ‘after’ assessment snapshot.
The test has been delivered in 85 countries around the world and used by a large variety of organisations and institutions in the Americas, including the Universidad de Talca in Chile. An American English version of the test is available.
Why choose Aptis ?
- Aptis uses a detailed reporting system, where both a scaled score and a CEFR level are provided for each skill tested.
- Individual and group reports are provided so you get a clear picture of each test taker’s strengths and weaknesses as well as their ranking within their cohort.
- A compulsory grammar and vocabulary test is combined with one or more skills tests (reading, writing, speaking and listening), allowing you to test only the skills that are relevant.
- Aptis can be taken using a computer, tablet, or pen and paper and results can be provided within 48 hours.
- All Aptis tests consist of high-quality content put together and reviewed by a dedicated global team for suitability around the world.
- Free practice materials and test guides are available for candidates.
- The test is simple to administer and technical support is provided.
- The British Council is strongly committed to the highest standards of equality, diversity and inclusion in testing, so extra time can be allocated for candidates in specially prepared computer-based versions when this is required. A braille version of the core and reading test is available.