Celebrating the achievements of alumni in the Americas region
When outstanding individuals receive a world-class education in the UK, the effects can last a lifetime. The Alumni Awards shine a light on the impact that alumni of UK higher education institutions are making in their chosen field, and how this was sparked by their studies in the UK.
The British Council has launched the tenth global edition of a prestigious award that celebrates the outstanding achievements of UK international alumni around the world.
Award winners and finalists are leaders in their fields who have used their experience of studying at a UK university to make a positive contribution to their communities, industries and countries. The Study UK Alumni Awards celebrate and showcase the impact and value of a UK higher education and raise the international profile of UK alumni and their former universities.
The awards are open to alumni currently residing in any country outside the UK, who have within the last 15 years (i.e. 2008 - 2023), enrolled at an officially recognised body or received a recognised award from a UK higher education institution.
Have you studied in the UK and gone on to achieve exceptional success? If so, apply for one of the Awards. Applications are open until 22 October 2023!
Learn more about the Study UK Alumni Award
There are four award categories:
Why enter Alumni Awards?
- Raise your international profile through global press and digital coverage
- Build your professional networks and business connections
- Win a professional development opportunity at a global level
- Run for the Global Award and win a networking visit to the UK
The Study UK Alumni Awards are open to alumni living outside of the UK only. Alumni must have studied:
- Within the last 15 years (i.e. 2008 - 2023)
- Enrolled at an officially recognised body or received a recognised award from a UK higher education institution
- At degree level or above (degree level is defined as band 9 and above on the UK ENIC band framework)
- Either at a UK university in the UK, for a minimum of one term or semester, OR awarded a full UK degree level qualification (or higher), awarded by a recognised UK HEI, in their home country (Transnational Education - TNE/long distance).
- Professional short courses: Alumni are only eligible if the course they studied was at degree level (or above), offered by a recognised UK institution in the UK (and they fulfil the rest of the criteria).
For all details about eligibility criteria, please see the Terms and Conditions at the bottom of this page.
Winners selection process
All eligible alumni applicants from the Americas are entered into the global Alumni Awards. The selection process and celebration follow its own flow: global judging panel, campaign to share stories, digital awards celebration event.
How to apply? Webinars
Find out our top tips on what makes a great application or join one of our webinars, where we will talk through the application process, help, and tips. Register here.
Here you can watch the recording of the first session.
Alumni Awards judges
The judging panel for the global and in-country Alumni Awards will bring together a wealth of international expertise in education, entrepreneurship and national policy.
Alumni Awards ceremony
Finalists and winners will be celebrated at the global awards in 2024 and celebrated in a digital campaign that will raise the profile of their story and successes.
Award winners have the opportunity to raise their international profile, expand their professional networks, and to enhance their careers, through a professional networking visit to the UK.
- 1 September 2023: Applications open
- 22 October: Applications close at 16.00 (BST)
- October-November: Shortlisting of applications
- December to March 2024: Announcement of finalists for the global Awards
- April to August 2024: Global Alumni Awards finalists announced and digital celebration
- September 2024: Global Alumni Awards winners announced