The Lead Practitioner (LP) programme has been designed for teachers who decide that leadership of learning, rather than system leadership, is their chosen career path.
Lead Practitioner Accreditation:
- empowers and develops the best practitioners, rewarding and inspiring them to make a difference where it really counts – in the classroom
- is a quality mark of excellent practice and of a school’s commitment to professional learning for world class educators
- is delivered through a blended approach of face-to-face training and coaching online
- is a scalable model that tracks school improvement projects and develops individual leaders.
What does the SSAT Lead Practitioner Programme provide?
- A Framework and set of standards for international benchmarking in leadership of learning.
- A professional development online tool to identify and set professional targets.
- A formative process that encourages evaluation and critical reflection, collaboration and a relentless focus on impact on students.
- Training to develop Lead Practitioners with skills and attributes to lead.
- Access to a wide range of resources, research and case studies.
- Opportunities to engage with regional, national and international networks of Lead Practitioners.
- Alignment at Masters level in England, which could be aligned at local university level if required.