What is Teaching for Success (TfS)?
The British Council is a trusted, reliable and knowledgeable partner for ministries of education, teachers and learners in over 100 countries. Teaching for Success (TfS) uses high-quality continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities to help teachers, teacher educators and school leaders improve their performance and achieve better results from their learners.
Our flexible programme enables governments, ministries and education agencies to:
- assess and improve the quality of teaching and learning
- ensure that effective CPD systems are in place for sustainable teacher development.
- ensure national policy is effectively implemented by teachers.
- develop teachers at scale and in challenging circumstances
- integrate technology effectively in teaching and learning
- ensure education systems meet UN Sustainable Development Goal 4.
What do we offer?
Working with other UK organisations to bring you the widest range of expertise, we work with you to understand your priorities and the needs of your teachers and learners in your local context.
We can provide a range of services, including:
- consultancy to guide decision-making in ministries of education and school systems
- design and delivery of whole education system reform programmes
- mentoring programmes for groups of teachers that ensure training input is embedded in classroom practice through in-school support
- accredited CPD programmes that provide your teachers with online self-directed professional development
- outstanding teacher development expertise and resources that enhance your CPD programmes.