How to become a remote teacher?
We provide your institution support as you take your first steps in remote teaching. This course is for teacher, management and supervisory teams.
We have many years of experience in delivering remote classes to students all over the world. For example, we have been working in partnership with Plan Ceibal to cater for the lack of qualified English language teachers in Uruguay. For this project, we manage the remote teaching of 80,000 primary schoolchildren aged 8- 11. In 2019 we compiled the findings of our experience in the book "Innovations in education: Remote teaching" (British Council, 2019).
During the last 5 years, we have learned a lot about what makes a good online teacher. We developed this course based on our experience to support your institution to take its first steps in remote teaching.
What the online teaching training will cover:
- Use of video conferencing platforms
- Essentials of remote teaching
- The power of observation
- Provide and verify instructions - differentiated instructions
- Planning a remote lesson
- Child protection
- Inclusive teaching strategies
- Project management in remote teaching. The managerial and supervisory role
Video conferencing platform
- Teacher groups: 10 hours
- Management and supervisory teams: 12 hours